Misplaced Guilt: An American Love Story

Posted: August 5, 2015 by gamegetterII in Uncategorized

Mass Feeding Project

Posted: August 5, 2015 by gamegetterII in Uncategorized

Originally Posted on WRSA  here

Hello,
This effort is to fund the establishment of a Mobile Kitchen facility. We already have the Surplus US Army Kitchen trailer shown on this site but we need more equipment and gear to get this effort off the ground. The intent is to have a unit that will be able to move from location to location and provide cooking in support of 300 to 500 people. This unit will attend festivals, political, and private events and help raise money for multiple efforts through the sales of food.

We are looking to procure additional equipment that we need to meet health and safety regulations and provide the ability to move the trailer from location to location.

Fundraiser link here

 
I am helping with this project,as is another guy who has 35 years experience running the kitchens in some of the best hotels in the country,as the executive chef,combined with the 20 plus years I spent running hotel and private country club kitchens as executive chef,that’s 50 years plus of following all the proper procedures for sanitation,prep,cooking,holding,and serving food to large groups of people.
This is a worthwhile project,by a serious Patriot.The MKT will be up and running soon,but he needs some more equipment to be able to utilize the MKT to it’s full potential.
Donations of restaurant grade pots,pans,serving utensils,cooking utensils,full and half sheet pans,full and half hotel pans-(steam table pans)- 2″ and 4″ will help also.
Please consider a donation to this project,even a small donation will help-as small donations add up quickly.

5136014_1435772356.7081

It’s a product that seems unassuming enough: a thick, beige, bland liquid reminiscent of pancake batter. But, in fact, the aspirations of Soylent — a product billed as a complete meal replacement — befit its birthplace, the Bay Area of San Francisco, home to countless tech startups founded to conquer the world.

But don’t expect the stuff to win over many nutritionists any time soon.

“I’m all about enjoyment and fun, and drinking sludge just doesn’t fit in,” said Keith Ayoob, EdD, RD, at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City, in an email. “We have teeth, people. Let’s use them and not drink all of our nutrition.”

Ayoob was one of several nutritionists who spoke with MedPage Today about Soylent and what it means for human health. They expressed bafflement that people would want to go without normal food and reiterated that nutritional science is limited by many unknowns.

Created by engineer and entrepreneur Rob Rhinehart, Soylent started shipping earlier this year after a period of experimentation with help from a committed do-it-yourself group of followers. So as to dispel any doubt about the intent of Soylent, visitors to the company’s website are greeted with the words “What if you never had to worry about food again?”

Its name comes from a 1973 sci-fi film starring Charlton Heston, Soylent Green, in which humanity subsists on artificial food pills that (spoiler alert) turn out to be made from human flesh — if nothing else, suggesting that Rhinehart is no ordinary marketer.

Rhinehart says the Soylent formula (which, for the record, includes no human flesh) fulfills all human nutritional requirements, such that a person can live on it exclusively. Though some do — Rhinehart himself ate nothing but Soylent for 5 months — many use it as a supplement along with some normal food. And the DIY ethos still prevails — there are more than 2,500 recipes posted by users to make similar products.

Read the rest Here

If reports from WBNS 10TV (CBS Columbus) and a whistleblower are accurate, Columbus Mayor Michael Coleman (D) may soon join the lengthy list (see here and here and here) of members of anti-gun extremist Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) to face serious charges.

From the report:

It was billed as a way to fight rising crime waves and get more guns off city streets and the city’s Gun Stoppers program was announced with much fan-fare.

But 10 Investigates recent review of the program, shows it’s unclear how many guns were taken off the street – if any.

According to the article, Mayor Coleman’s Office introduced the Gun Stoppers program in 2010 utilizing a $50,000 federal grant. The grant paid for Gun Stoppers to be run jointly by the city and Crime Stoppers and gave cash rewards up to $1,000 for “tips that lead to an arrest and the confiscation of an illegal gun.”

The program was brought back in the news recently, when former Crime Stoppers director Kevin Miles claimed: “I can tell you there wasn’t a single gun turned in but I do know that they reported there was guns that were recovered with money from that program.”

Using city, county and court records, 10 Investigates reviewed the program and found Gun Stoppers paid out a total of $19,000 to tipsters.  The records, though, never listed any gun that was seized.

Police agency representatives associated with the tips told 10TV they were not directly involved with the program and said they have no records of guns associated with the Gun Stoppers program.

CrimeStoppers told the news station they don’t have any information on guns collected by their Gun Stopper program. 10TV reports that they did provide a list of arrests made in connection to the tips, but that court records show that not all the crimes even involved guns.

One award was paid for information that led to the arrest of Michael P. Reilly. Reilly was charged with multiple counts of aggravated robbery and robbery. Court records, though, show the weapon used was a knife, scissors or sharp instrument.

Another case involving the arrest of Darrian T. Cordell, where a gun was found in a car stop. The trooper testified that he stopped the car because it was following too closely in the early morning hours.

And three tips paid out exceeded the program’s $1,000 cap.  (Note: those payouts were for $3,000, $3,500 and $2,500.)

Case files show that some of the cases were where no guns were used in commission of the crime.

The report goes on to say that Columbus Public Safety’s Deputy Director Dan Giangardella said he could not give an exact answer when asked how many guns were taken off Columbus streets through Gun Stoppers. “I don’t have an exact count for that. Dozens?”

Noting that Mayor Coleman once gave public congratulations for Gun Stoppers, 10TV reports that Giangardella described Gun Stoppers as only a “a mildly successful program.” In an email to 10TV, Giangardella admitted that the program was changed in 2011, more than a year in the running, so that it “no longer require confiscation of guns.” (It’s must easier to claim a program’s “mild success” if you move the goal posts once you realize it is failing.)

The Buckeye Firearms Association opposed the Gun Stoppers program since its beginning. Gerard Valentino with the Association’s board said, “This whole program is designed to take illegal guns off the street, yet their own actions show us it must not be that big of a problem because they’re using the money inappropriately and for completely different issues.”

Former Crime Stoppers director Kevin Miles told 10TV that FBI agents recently asked him about allegations of corruption inside Columbus City Hall.

Miles is quoted as saying he saw financial abuses in the Gun Stoppers program committed by Lee Roberts, who Buckeye Firearms Association exposed in 2012 as a MAIG staff member working in a tax-payer funded position created for him in the Columbus mayor’s office (effectively using public dollars to lobby against citizens’ Second Amendment rights).

According to Miles, Roberts told him to spend the money on ads with a GLBT local magazine called Outlook Columbus. Miles told 10TV Outlook got the majority of Gun Stoppers ad dollars because they supported the mayor.

Buckeye Firearms Association has been reporting on corruption within Coleman’s office for years.

Emails obtained by Buckeye Firearms Association and Media Trackers Ohio in 2012 revealed that Roberts and Coleman’s office conspired to use the deaths of three high school students to limit Second Amendment rights within hours of the February 2012 shootings at Chardon High School. The emails also revealed that Roberts also worked with staffers of then-New York Mayor Bloomberg to leverage the shooting of former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords for new federal gun restrictions.

Coleman spokesman Daniel Williamson suggested in a Media Trackers interview that Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) and Coleman staffer R. Lee Roberts were not involved in lobbying legislators against the legislation. However, internal emails show that not only was Williamson aware of MAIG’s active opposition to the bill, Williamson himself assisted in lobbying efforts. Contrary to Williamson’s claims, the emails proved that Roberts spent months agitating against Ohio’s Restaurant & Car Carry Rules Fix in 2011. After the bill passed, emails prove Roberts also conspired with Williamson to lobby Governor Kasich not to sign it.
It is not known whether reports of an FBI investigation effected Coleman’s decision not to run for a fifth term.

Among the candidates seeking to replace him is the Democrat president of the Columbus City Council, Andrew Ginter.

Instead of expressing concern about the allegations, Ginter chose to attack the whistleblower and his claims.

“They seem a bit bizarre to me. And interesting to me they come about some 5 years after the fact. We all know of the situation with Mr. Miles departure from Columbus and the fact that some things were done under his watch with Crime Stoppers that kind of beg the question , why now and why in this type of approach?” said Ginther.

Ginter, who has received the endorsement of Coleman, stood at the mayor’s side during the 2010 Gun Stoppers rollout.

Despite the fact that handguns were banned in that country in 1997, Great Britain’s Daily Mail is reporting that gun crime has almost doubled in the past decade.

From the article:

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year  –  a rise of 89 per cent.

In some parts of the country, the number of offences has increased more than five-fold.

In eighteen police areas, gun crime at least doubled.

The report goes on to say that the number of women charged with firearms offences in London has increased six-fold in the past year  –  12 have been charged since January.

Shadow Home Secretary, Chris Grayling, is quoted as saying ‘In areas dominated by gang culture, we’re now seeing guns used to settle scores between rivals as well as turf wars between rival drug dealers.

According to the article, last week, police in London revealed they had begun carrying out armed patrols on some streets. The move means officers armed with sub-machine guns are engaged in routine policing for the first time.

When American gun ban extremists push to enforce British-style gun control laws here, gun rights advocates are quick to point out that criminals will be undeterred by such bans and will still be able to gain access to firearms. This is clearly the case in Great Britain, where armed criminals are having their way with a disarmed populace, who themselves are often prosecuted for trying to defend themselves.

When this same phenomenon of increasing crime happens in American cities or states with oppressive gun control laws, officials quickly seek to blame neighboring states that still recognize the right to bear arms. No word yet on which free American state is to be blamed for all the gun crime across the pond.

The failed foreign social experiment of gun bans must never be allowed to meet our shores. It is up to all of us. It is up to you.

Chad D. Baus is the Buckeye Firearms Association Secretary, BFA PAC Vice Chairman, and an NRA-certified firearms instructor. He is the editor of BuckeyeFirearms.org, which received the Outdoor Writers of Ohio 2013 Supporting Member Award for Best Website.

One recurring truth about the anti-gun movement is how often they try to create new organizations which claim “neutrality” or “moderation” on the Second Amendment, but in reality are nothing more than carbon copies of all the anti-gun groups that have come before them.

As we reported a few weeks ago, fanatically anti-gun Michael Bloomberg has found a new venture to pour his money into.  It’s called “The Trace”, which claims to be a fair news organization devoted to researching “gun violence.” The head of the new group, former New Republic Magazine editor James Burnett even went as far as to suggest the group will not publish editorials supporting specific legislation or candidates, but simply provide information and news stories in opposition to “gun violence.”  But let’s look at reality.

First, the group has no need to endorse specific legislation or a given candidate to achieve their anti-gun goals.  All they have to do is gin up “news” or biased “analyses” that provide specific anti gun messaging which supports whichever draconian law is Bloomberg’s favorite flavor of the day at the national or state level.  Obviously, this information will then provide the foundation for countless more news stories from the anti-gun press, countless more anti-gun legislative initiatives, and countless more talking points for anti-gun candidates to use when running for office.  And this is exactly what “The Trace” will work tirelessly to make happen.

And we can’t forget who is making this all possible. “The Trace” is funded not only by Bloomberg, but also by the famously anti-gun Joyce Foundation and the cofounder of the reliably anti-gun Huffington Post. With financial support like that, does anyone believe that there will be any information from “The Trace” that is anything other than anti-gun propaganda?

Burnett stated that “The Trace” is needed because there is not enough anti-gun violence coverage in the media.  One wonders if he has ever read the New York Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, or any one of a number of big city newspapers that attack our Second Amendment rights on a regular basis.  Or perhaps he does not have cable TV and so is not exposed to anti-gun coverage on CNN or MSNBC.  It sounds more like Editor Burnett lives where pigs fly and unicorns win the Kentucky Derby.

There can be no doubt that Bloomberg and his allies are focusing resources towards an all-out assault on our rights with “The Trace” simply another move to fulfill their broader mission.  As subverting the truth to achieve their goals has been well established as a tactic of choice, we can expect the same from “The Trace.”  NRA-ILA will not let their lies and distortions go unanswered, and together we can stand up to Bloomberg and his media allies, especially when he stacks the deck against freedom in such an unmitigated and craven way.

III to III: Request For Assistance

Posted: August 4, 2015 by gamegetterII in Uncategorized

You may encounter the question in your health plan’s standard health appraisal questionnaire. Even though it may not be of your doctor’s making, it’s still part of your permanent medical record. Or your doctor may have a personal prejudice against gun ownership, shaped by her training in medical school or residency. Either way, it is important for people to know some very important facts:

• Doctors receive absolutely no training about firearm safety, mechanics, or tactics in medical school or residency. They are completely unqualified by their training to advise anyone about guns.

• Gun ownership is a civil right. A doctor’s abuse of his position of trust to pressure you to give up that civil right is professionally and morally wrong. In some states it is illegal. You DO NOT have to tolerate it.

• You as a consumer have great power in the doctor-patient relationship. Do not be afraid to use it.

is available to you, some sending a more powerful message than others. These are updated from DRGO’s original recommendations, since the medical profession has changed so much in the last two decades.

1) Politely refuse to answer the doctor’s question or the health plan’s questionnaire item about guns. You can either explain your discomfort with the question or decline to give a reason.

2) If the gun question(s) appears on your health plan’s routine health assessment questionnaire, file a formal written complaint with the health plan. Every health plan has a member complaint process, often prescribed by law. Your complaint will be registered and the health plan will respond.

3) If the health plan responds with the excuse that their questions about your guns are standard medical practice that they must follow, you can take the complaint to the next step—file a written complaint with your state agency that regulates health plans. For example, in California you would follow the complaint procedure on the Department of Managed Health Care web site. It’s your right as a patient under California law.

4) If your doctor persists in asking intrusive questions about guns in your home, you can also file a complaint specifically against him or her with your health plan. Such complaints are taken seriously, and the doctor will be called to account for it. Having one or more complaints about ethical boundary violations on her record will make her think twice about doing it again.

5) Internet consumer rating sites have created another way doctors can be publicly rated on the basis of service, attitude, and behavior. Some commonly used rating sites are Yelp.com, Healthgrades.com, Vitals.com, and RateMDs.

6) Increasingly, doctors’ pay from Medicare and insurance companies is tied to how they score on patient satisfaction surveys. These are often sent randomly to patients, but you can request one to fill out. You can have a powerful impact on a doctor’s conduct by reporting the doctor’s unethical questioning about your guns.

7) If the doctor’s conduct is especially offensive, as was the case with this Florida pediatrician, you have the right to submit a complaint to the doctor’s licensing board. This is an agency in your state government that holds the ultimate power of licensure over your doctor. A quick internet search for “medical board” in your state should take you to the official form for filing a complaint. This is a step that should not be taken lightly.

Remember when writing your complaint to be polite. Explain why you find the doctor’s or health plan’s behavior unacceptable. Include the powerful points we’ve discussed:

• Your doctor is professionally unqualified to give expert advice on firearms

• Your right to own firearms is a civil right that is none of your doctor’s business

• A doctor misusing his or her authority and trust to push a political agenda of gun control is an ethical boundary violation. Such unprofessional conduct is not acceptable.

Your right to own a firearm is enshrined in the Constitution. Don’t let any doctor or health plan intimidate you into giving up your civil rights.

source

Download the DRGO Resource Document “What to Do When Your Doctor Asks About Your Guns” here