Brunswick, GA — Caroline Smith was at a low point in her life. She suffered from PTSD, Dissociative Disorder, and was struggling with drugs and alcohol. These things should have never been a death sentence, but thanks to two Georgia cops, they were.

An eye-opening investigation by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and Channel 2 Action News was published earlier this month that shines a much-needed light on this case. The report illustrates the tragic events leading up to the killing of Caroline Smith and the subsequent special privilege granted to the officers who killed her which would allow them to get off scot-free — and keep their jobs.

On June 18, 2010, Smith was sitting in a mall parking lot in her car when a citizen allegedly saw her “doing drugs,” so they called police. When police showed up, Smith, who was in an obvious diminished mental state, drove off. A police chase ensued.

During the chase, which never exceeded 35 mph, Smith’s tires were blown out by spike strips. She was then pinned by two cruisers and a utility pole and riding only on her rims. Her car was effectively rendered immobilized.

smith-pinned-in

However, Smith, who was in the midst of a mental crisis, continued pressing the accelerator, even though the car was not able to move but a few inches.

At this point, Georgia State Patrol Trooper Jonathan Malone is seen running behind Small’s car in an attempt to remove her from the vehicle. But Malone quickly runs away after he notices Glynn County officers Sgt. Robert C. Sasser and Officer Michael T. Simpson with their service weapons pointed direct at him, with Smith’s head being the primary target.

Malone pleaded with the officers to let him get Smith out of the vehicle.

“Let me get out there and get her out,” Malone calls out to the other officers, according to the GBI audio transcripts.

“Hold on, hold on,” one unknown officer responds.

“If she moves the car, I’m going to shoot her,” Simpson says.

Seconds later, Sasser and Simpson unleash a volley of gunfire into the face of Caroline Smith.

After the shooting, Sasser and Simpson can be heard discussing their kill.

“Where did you hit her?” Simpson asks, according to a GBI transcript.

“I hit her right in the face,” Sasser says.
Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dashcam-cops-kill-unarmed-mother-applaud-marksmanship-brag-face-exploding/#i82UrqjtQWiddSLJ.99

Vandals deface Confederate memorial in Oklahoma City

Posted: July 17, 2015 by gamegetterII in Uncategorized

OKLAHOMA CITY –The Confederate debate is heating up once again, and now vandals have taken to defacing confederate soldier monuments at one metro cemetery.

The Sons of Confederate Veterans is a group which only relatives of those who fought in the war can join.

While they recognize that, today, the Confederate Flag is not popular, the group say it’s no excuse for defacing a memorial honoring soldiers who died.

‘Rest in peace’ is the purpose of cemeteries everywhere. But that peace was disturbed sometime Wednesday night into Thursday morning.

“I want to be forgiving, but it really hurts us to have our monuments defaced,” Larry Logan, Past Commander for the Oklahoma Division of the Sons Confederate Veterans said.

Someone took red paint and covered the memorial.

“This is a very special place to us, the confederate monument is here, it’s been here since 1923, there’s 14 Confederate veterans buried right here by the monument,” Logan says.

Logan says he knows all about the controversy surrounding the flag, but says this is different.

“Defacing that is just like defacing a United States memorial, they are considered soldiers by the United States government,” Logan said.

His own family member fought for the South.

“My great grandfather was an 18-year-old farm boy who went to war, Robert E. Lee was his commanding general, he was at Gettysburg, he got his left thumb shot at Gettysburg,” Logan said.

He says he’s upset that someone would disturb these soldiers’ resting place.

“We didn’t lose who our ancestors were, they’re still our family, we still love them and we haven’t lost who we are, we’re descendants of Confederate soldiers and we’re proud of it,” Logan says.

A police report has been filed.

They plan on putting up cameras near the monument to help curb vandals.

source

John W. Whitehead's avatarJohn W. Whitehead, Constitutional Attorney

WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Rutherford Institute has filed a lawsuit against the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) over its unregulated use of whole body scanners, which have been likened to virtual strip searches, in the nation’s airports. The TSA implemented Whole Body Imagers (WBI) (also referred to as Advanced Imaging Technology) in 2009 as a primary security screening tool in airports. However, the agency did not notify the public of its decision to deploy the scanners, nor did it ask for public comments on use of the use of WBI technology as required by federal law. In a petition for a writ of mandamus filed with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, The Rutherford Institute, joined by other civil liberties advocates, argues that the TSA has flouted federal law and court orders in order to shield the agency’s WBI scanning practices from public input and judicial…

View original post 559 more words

Mark Levin Refuted

Posted: July 16, 2015 by gamegetterII in Uncategorized

jay352's avatarEatgrueldog

“The city — which had refused to make the videos public — argued during a civil rights lawsuit brought by relatives of the dead man that the recordings show he repeatedly disregarded police orders and moved his hand in a way that led officers to believe he was reaching for a weapon.

But attorneys representing the man’s family argued that the videos show that he and the other man who was shot were unarmed and that officers gave confusing orders.”

So that’s the way it is now?

You can be shot for refusing on order?

It is now acceptable to summarily execute citizens on the street for not doing as a cop says?

I know that they won the settlement , but that is not the point

The point is that the city argued that it was justified

They also suppressed the video for 2 years

They couldn’t have cared…

View original post 86 more words

How Long Before You Resist?

Posted: July 16, 2015 by gamegetterII in Uncategorized

I have been waiting a long time for people in this community to decide that enough is enough and contact me with plans to do something in the face of the continual abuses of the federal government. I don’t know what it takes to motivate resistance. We are witnessing the absolute destruction of our society and I know there are those out there who deplore the changes taking place in our society, but none who are motivated to act.

I know there are those who are thinking locally and who are developing strong communication systems, who are busy building the skills of their tribe. And while that is absolutely commendable and to be honest, one of the systems upon which I will rely when the SHTF, there needs to be more.  There needs to be an actual resistance, an actual leader who is willing to stand up, with the weight of those dedicated to liberty and confront the actions being taken in our name.

Our federal debt has been frozen at just over $18 trillion. $18 trillion.  We have our government planning: taking actual steps and planning to “bail in” the banks when the next financial crisis hits. WHEN, not if, the next banking crisis erupts. In other words, they plan to take your money, your wages for your hard work, and apply it to their bad debts, their bad investments.  They will take the wages you have earned with your labor and give it to the banks to keep them solvent. At what point do you look in the mirror and say that this is wrong and that you will do something about it? How ugly does it have to get? How screwed to you have to be to resist the rapist?

We are not in unique times, these sorts of things happen to Cyprus, to Greece all the time. It will happen to Portugal, Spain and others as time goes on and it can happen to the US at any moment. When they do it, when they decide it is time to take your hard-earned wages and apply them to those who have made bad debts and bad decisions, what are you prepared to do? What is your plan of action? Who do you go after? Who do you make pay for that transgression? Who is your target?

Read the rest here

A Note From Ol’ Remus

Posted: July 15, 2015 by gamegetterII in Uncategorized

Countering ISIS Propaganda

Posted: July 15, 2015 by gamegetterII in Uncategorized

Huntsville Update

Posted: July 15, 2015 by gamegetterII in Uncategorized

North Carolina Governor Approves Sunday Hunting

Posted: July 15, 2015 by gamegetterII in Uncategorized

The Outdoor Heritage Act (House Bill 640) officially became law in North Carolina on Wednesday July 8 with the signature of Governors Sportsmen’s Caucus member Governor Pat McCrory. The Act, among other important measures, ends the 145 year-old ban against hunting with firearms on Sunday in the Tarheel State.
Upon signing Governor McCrory noted: “The outdoors has always been an integral part of our way of life and this bill has a number of measures that will improve the stewardship of our natural resources.”

The legislation was sponsored by North Carolina Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus member Representative Jimmy Dixon and received strong support from the Caucus Co-Chairs Representative John Bell and Senator Buck Newton, as well as Senator Brent Jackson and many other Caucus members.

“Our opportunities to promote our outdoor heritage for future generations have never been greater, or more needed than at this time,” said Rep. Dixon.

Beginning on October 1, 2015, Sunday hunting with firearms on private property will be allowed, provided the hunter has written permission from the landowner, with the following exceptions:

– Hunting between the hours of 9:30am-12:30pm, except on licensed controlled hunting preserves.
– Hunting of all migratory birds.
– Hunting deer with dogs.
– Hunting within 500 yards of a place of worship or within 500 yards of a place of residence not owned by the landowner.
– Hunting within the two most populous counties of Wake and Mecklenberg.

Beyond the Sunday hunting victory, the Outdoor Heritage Act also establishes a Trust Fund to provide for the expansion of opportunities for persons age 16 and under to engage in outdoor recreational activities, implements a “three strikes” rule for trespassers, reviews suspension of hunting privileges for negligent hunters, reduces liability for landowners who allow hunters to retrieve their dogs, and numerous other pro-sportsmen measures.

Via: http://www.sportsmenslink.org/the-media-room/news/north-carolina-governor-approves-sunday-hunting#sthash.ZdQtOyhf.dpuf